Golf Breaks In Portugal: Top 5 Courses With Great Ocean Views
One of the most common reasons why avid golfers love to visit Portugal is to play at a course with ocean views. There are a number of golf courses throughout Portugal offering breathtaking views that make you want to stay there forever, literally. Golf is a sport that requires a lot of concentration. You need to be relaxed when taking shots or tension and anxiety takes over and your play attempts are unsuccessful. This is where an ocean view can be quite helpful to your game.
Choosing a Quality Golf Course
There are a number of elements to consider when making a decision about the golf course you want to play. Many golf courses with ocean views are considered some of the best courses in the world. This means they provide excellent play conditions and a number of other features to ensure golfers enjoy their stay. When accessing golf courses with ocean views you want to analyze elements such as its location and proximity to places such as restaurants, outdoor activities, landmarks and transportation needs such as the airport.
Your price point or budget will help you determine options to consider. The good news is there are plenty of courses to choose from. The following 5 are a few options to consider when doing your homework on ocean view courses.
- Vale do Lobo golf course and resort near Albufeira. Great golf packages are available with golf events scheduled throughout the year for golfers of all levels.
- Ocean golf course in Algarve. The course is a beautiful natural reserve that sits right next to the Atlantic Ocean. This course features fairways that run down toward the ocean line.
- Praia D’El Rey Golf and Beach Resort in Obidos. This course offers a beautiful relaxing setting with affordable accommodations and close location to restaurants, sightseeing and other activities you can enjoy by the ocean.
- Laguna Gold course in Vilamoura. This course is in walking distance to other golf course options in the area. Located right next to the Villa Laguna Hotel this is a prime location many golfers call paradise with breathtaking views around the golf course including the ocean.
- San Lorenzo golf course in Algarve. The course provides excellent views with plenty of plush greens and woodlands. The course sits right next to the Atlantic with umbrella pine trees and sandy terrain being a few natural highlights.